Monday 29 October 2012

Making your own Easy Stencils

If you cant find something in the right style, size, shape or design -
there is a cheap, quick and easy solution!
For many of the projects I make, I use a printed or hand drawn paper template to either draw around as a stencil or to use as a template or guide [as in this post].

Today, I have a very quick 'How To' make your own:
 You can buy stencils, cardboard/wooden shapes and templates, but depending on your project, you may want something in a particular design, size or shape.

The easiest solution to this, I have found, is to use letters, numbers and shapes printed in the style and size of your choice onto paper or card, cut out to either draw around and then cut from:

I'm going to be using these for a CHRISTMAS [I warned you] project, which I cannot wait to finish.
Happy Monday x
Share:

2 comments

  1. Lovely idea, especially for Christmas cards, or personalised cushions, bags etc.

    I think I'd make some letter stencils out of potatoes, and then use brown parcel paper with gold or white paint to have a personalised Christmas wrapping paper. Although maybe I have a little too much time on my hands ;)


    Kath
    www.newwithhashtags.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kath! Thanks so much for popping by - I love potato stamps and personalised wrapping paper - and I think everyone has time for doing the things they love. Let me know if you make the paper, I'd love to see it x

      Delete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig