Last year, for my first blogging birthday, I set some resolutions which I think I kind-of, sort-of kept to. I bought myself a camera [you probably didn't notice] and I have tried to improve my photography, but where this has happened sometimes, I think this might be down to luck and fluke, rather than skill. I've also tried new crafts [paper cutting and more recently honeycomb] and this is something I intend to focus even more on for my third year of blogging. Finally, I set myself some consistency challenges, trying to find a balance between setting goals to make more and regular blogging. Around the New Year, I started blogging three times a week and this became a little personal goal, which I've managed to keep to [give or take one week or two] until today. I have to be honest, this hasn't been easy - but I've enjoyed having this self-inflicted goal to focus on. So, here's to year three!
I mentioned in my first ever post that TTSM was not my first [nor second or third] attempt at blogging and the reason I have been able to keep this one up, I think, is due to the fab online community. Thank you so much for your comments, tweets, emails and for every time you share my posts.
Raising my coffee/cocktail [depending on your time of day...or maybe not as far as the cocktail is concerned] to you xxxx
Finally - GIVEAWAY TIME! I thought I'd offer something to celebrate and this is the online version of taking cupcakes in to work/school for your birthday.
Ever fancied making Papercut artwork, Honeycomb decorations, bracelets, pinboards, tote bags or stationery toppers? Now is your chance to win the project materials - the winner of this giveaway will win everything required to make the TTSM DIY craft project of their choice! Any craft project DIY on this blog - if you fancy giving it a go but don't have the materials - you can win them! [If I have set the Rafflecopter form correctly - let me know if you have any problems!]
These are the mandatory entries:
Leave a blog comment, telling me the craft DIY you would like to win
Follow @ThingsSheMakes on Twitter [if you don't already - tut! ;)] and then
Tweet: "I want to win the TTSM DIY craft post of my choice giveaway! http://thethingsshemakes.blogspot.co.uk #TTSMgiveaway"
Optional extra entries are to:
also like The Things She Makes on Facebook, Bloglovin and Pinterest
I'd like to open this up to all areas of the internet - so here is the small print:
- It cannot be a food/baking post - unfortunately, this would rule out overseas entries, so please make sure the project you want to try is craft :)
- The giveaway will close on Sunday, 28th September. Make sue you get your entries in by then!
- Of course, you can change your mind if you are the winner and find a different craft project you would like to try than originally posted! If i am unable to send you part of the project materials due to shipping regulations, I will contact you to let you know, or offer you the chance to choose a different project.
- The value of the project materials will not exceed £50.
- If I am unable to buy you the same materials as I have used, I will find you the nearest alternative I can.
- Rafflecopter will do the honours in choosing a winner, which I will announce back here, on the 29th September.
- Any questions - please do ask!