Monday 1 June 2015

How To Make a Toy Animal Letter




When I saw these fillable wooden letters in HobbyCraft, I thought I'd use them to join the marquee letter bandwagon fashionably late [as I do with most projects] or try fabric flower embellishments - but there are so many options for the letters, that before deciding on my final design, I thought I'd share a few experiments on the blog.  First up is a simple, fuss-free and very quick plastic toy animal design.

What I Used:
Fillable Wooden Letter [HobbyCraft £3]
Plastic Animal Toys [B&M £1.99]

Simply take a selection of animal plastic figures - a range of colours, designs and shapes and 
use them to fill the negative space:
 Layer the figures, push them in to place [the letters are quite strong] and gradually build up the 
number of figures as you distribute them inside the letter:
 [smaller figures were great for filling any gaps or breaking up colours]
 The wooden letter can be painted, decoupage-d, coloured and embellished before the figures are glued in to place [a hot glue gun would be perfect] or add faux leaves or something that will help blend the background of your letters and animal figures if you want to add to the detail and finished design:

For a few more ideas, including pom poms and glitter [!!!!!!!] pop over to the HobbyCraft blog.
They are great for decoration, displaying toys or as a gift and are easily personalised - I'll share
 a few other designs over the next few weeks.
see you next time x
Share:

4 comments

  1. Share great information about your blog, Blog really helpful for us. We read your blog, share the most useful information in the blog . Thanks for sharing your blog here. Puppenhaus Holz

    ReplyDelete
  2. If more people that write articles involved themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. I have learned too many things from your article. Toy Shop Cyprus

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very helpful for me! I learn a lot from this blog. thank you so much.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Put more information on your website like this one, I really like these types of blogs

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig