Friday 25 April 2014

Spring Necklace Makeover

During the Winter, statement necklaces were perfect for dressing up jumpers and I built myself up a little collection of necklaces from all over the place to add a bit of colour and pretty up an outfit.  Today, I'm taking one of them and changing it a little to soften the look for Spring with nothing more than a few strands of embroidery floss and 30 minutes:
Taking three strands of a similar shade to the gems in my necklace, I plaited a length 1 and 1/2 times the length of the chain - securing the threads in place around 5 cm at either end with a knot:
If you have a little more time and love a friendship bracelet, you could recreate a design into the embroidery floss to add further interest and detail.
Next, I simple threaded the plaited embroidery floss through the chain, weaving through each link:
Secure at each end of the necklace chain in a knot to hold in place.  Voila.  An updated statement necklace for the Spring - which can be continually updated with a change of colours, type of thread, number of threads used and patterns created with knots and plaits.  You could even thread on beads to add a bit of texture - give it and try and if you do, let me see!
see you next time x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig