Monday 24 June 2013

White Chocolate Cup Strawberry Mousse

Oh, Nadal.  I think I might need to eat both of these to myself tonight.

Strawberry mousse, or any flavour of mousse really, is another dessert I love, but was never really sure how to make and convinced it was a along process.  Unfortunately for my thighs, its simple and if you whip it up in the morning/at lunch time, it ill be ready for dinner dessert.  Perfect.

What I Used:
makes 4 chocolate cups
based on this
1 egg white
25g caster sugar
100g strawberries
75ml double cream
White chocolate chips
meringue and strawberries to decorate

For the chocolate cups, I used silicon cupcake cases as my mould.  How much chocolate you melt is entirely up to how thick you want your cups, but these are best made by coating a thin layer, putting in the fridge to set and then adding another until of a thickness you like [and at least thick enough to hold the mousse and to be taken out later]:
 P.S - It does not have to be pretty!
Once your cups have been created, you can start the mousse.  
I blended 100g [this was around 4 large] strawberries until pureed.Next, I whisked my
 double cream until thickened and then added the puree, whisking again until combined:
In a separate bowl, I whisked my egg white until thick and then added the caster sugar, whisking well until glossy and peaks are formed.
A spoonful at a time, I folded in the puree to the egg white, keeping as much of the air in as possible:
...and then transferred in to the cups to set in the fridge for a few hours:
When ready and to finish, I've topped with crushed meringue and some freeze-dried 
strawberry bits I found in Sainsburys.  Well done, Sainsburys.
I also made the mousse without the chocolate cups, straight into a small glass and 
layered by saving a little of the puree to mix in:


I recommend making and eating on the same day, mainly to keep the 'fluffiness'.
I'm off to console myself now.
Share:

1 comment

  1. Epsxe apk is basically a PlayStation emulator for android. It is possible for an individual to download and install the Epsxe Android Emulator right from their computer. This is an essential tool that will be very helpful in testing the efficiency of an application before it can be released to the masses.

    https://clickmodapk.com/epsxe-apk/

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig