Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Marshmallows

It's Christmas Eve Eve! I can hardly believe it, but I am still at work, so please watch bad TV, eat Quality Streets and lounge on the sofa playing charades for me today.  If you have time in between, perhaps you might fancy making some of these, or any of the Pudding themes treats I can't seem to stop making - you can find them all here.

Last year, I made some yummy Marshmallow Pops for a party and then Christmas Pudding Marshmallow Pops.  This year, I've made a few more, but minus the pop and as little Marshmallow Puddings to wrap in a pretty bag instead:
But I couldn't stop there as we've been making a habit of Hot Chocolate and Movie afternoons and I'm pretty sure they will continue over the next few weeks.  All you need are some marshmallows, chocolate/sprinkles/decorations and maybe a candy cane or wooden skewer.

Simply, the marshmallows are dipped in melted milk/white chocolate or icing and before they set, covered in coloured icing, sprinkles, crushed candy canes or anything you want.  Leave them to set:




For a marshmallow kebab, skewer your marshmallows and they are ready to be served as a treat 
or as a hot chocolate stirrer.  Prettier marshmallows for your hot drink you never did see.
...and if you want to stand a few up in a glass and help keep them i place, fill it with sprinkles:
For a pretty hot chocolate, I took my candy cane stirrer from last year a step further and used it as my kebab stick - push through a couple of the marshmallows.  If you have trouble with them sticking in place – make a hole in the top with the handle end of a small spoon or skewer and coat the inside with icing sugar – then thread on to the candy cane and set in place with a little chocolate or icing if needed:
These are also perfect snack foods if you're throwing a New Years hoopla or party.
see you tomorrow x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig