Tuesday 4 June 2013

How to Make Lemon and Amaretti Biscuit Dessert

You've probably put on a stone just by looking at this photo.

What I Used:
Serves 4-6 generous [6-8 smaller portions]
2 lemons
250ml Double Cream
75g Icing Sugar
8-10 Amaretti Biscuits

As you will already know, if you have been reading this blog for any length of time, I like simple and quick, especially when it comes to desserts and this lemon posset is a perfect combination of both these things.  Here is how I spent literally 10 minutes yesterday afternoon making them.

Squeeze the juice from two lemons:
...and add this to double cream and icing sugar [I strained the juice just to ensure no 'bits' were added]:

Mix with a whisk until combined and smooth and slightly thickened:
Line the bottom of your pots with a crushed amaretti biscuit or two and transfer the mixture.  Top with another crushed biscuit and leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours at least:


 The lemon posset will now be thick in consistency:
I was feeling fancy, so served mine in cocktail glasses.  I know, swish.
... and enjoy [you will] - we had the whole lot between two of us.  Not even embarrassed.
Share:

1 comment

  1. This looks amazing! I need to try making this. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig