Friday 1 March 2013

Crochet Hearts

All You Need Is Crochet Love
Ick.  I know this isn't the post I planned, but the gloomy lighting is an absolute pet hate of mine, so I am trying to find a solution to it.  February has not been the best, camera wise, for this blog and its photos.  Sorry!
 In the meantime, I thought it was time for another crochet update.  As I have been progressing my basic crochet stitching, I saw a few Pintrest photos of crochet hearts and set about finding a pattern to have a go myself.
I used this fantastic Planet June pattern [smallest heart version] and found that, although I hadn't worked in a 'round'/'magic ring' before, the basic stitches I have learnt and confidence gained on the way, were enough for me to be able to have a go and work the pattern out without completely tying myself in a knot.

This was my first attempt:
Hmmm.  The terrible photo actually makes it seem more defined in shape than it really is.  Getting a little carried away, I didn't follow the 'ch' 2, 'sl' 'st' instruction when you start the 'round' and the above is what happens when you ignore that.  So after a tea break, I tried again:
and could see the improvement in shape [I hope you can too!] and one more time for luck:
A different type of wool I didn't account for, so again, completely different, but I felt I knew what I was doing a little more, even if the proof isn't necessarily in the pudding.
As with most of my crochet attempts, once I have some success [no matter how small], I find a few more tries and I am able to sit happily and crochet away without too much difficulty and can see the progress quite quickly.  It doesn't look exactly the same as Planet June's tutorial - but I will get there eventually, so before you know it, I'll be posting crochet heart everything.

I missed the Valentines boat with these, but they can be made in to gift tags, decorations, garlands and embellishments or accessories.  I love them - if you have found any other good [please read easy] crochet tutorials, let me know! thethingsshemakes@yahoo.co.uk
Share:

13 comments

  1. These are so cute! I knit and would love to learn how to crochet! You are such an inspiration.
    xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either way keep up the excellent quality writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogs are truly awesome. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

  4. This is an informative blog by which I have got that info which I really wanted to get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so lucky that I have got this site that imparted me the high quality of information easily.

    ReplyDelete

  6. If you have some questions in your mind like me, you must choose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you your posts are neatly organized with the information

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! I was thinking the same thing as you. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. I have a lot of interesting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an amazing and helpful post. I really really love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s really a great and helpful piece of information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally I have found something that helped me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made some great points and I am grateful for for your information! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig